About SCHOOL OF APPLIED TECHNOLOGY
IIT School of Applied Technology offers degree, non-degree, certificates, English language programs, international programs, and employee and professional development. The School of Applied Technology includes the following educational programs:
- Industrial Technology and Management
- Information Technology and Management
- Office of Professional Development
Programs and courses at the School of Applied Technology provide a blend of theoretical content and practical application that utilizes a hands-on, reality-based approach to education. This allows students to apply what they learn in class to solve real-life problems. Students learn about new and emerging technologies and the application, integration, and administrative practices used in the effective management of these technologies.
In addition, IIT School of Applied Technology, through its Office of Professional Development, combines university-wide resources to establish a common administration and support structure for non-degree technology-oriented training and certificates, employee and professional development, short courses and seminars ranging from a few hours to several days in length.
Why ITM at Illinois Tech?
- Promising Job Outlook – technology continues to be one of the fastest growing and most popular job sectors. Our students go work for companies like Google, Microsoft, eBay, Nokia, IBM, AT&T, KPMG, Chase, Deloitte, Alcatel-Lucent and others.
- 9 Career-Focused Specializations – there are 12 career-focused specializations that allow you to concentrate your study in areas of interest and career goals. Specializations can make you more qualified for future employment. Undecided? There is a general course of study. Learn more about the 12 ITM specializations.
- Career Options – course work and specializations allow you great flexibility to pursue a variety of IT careers.
- Reputation – IIT is a well-respected Ph.D.-granting university that has built an outstanding reputation since its inception in 1890
- Tech – the best place to get a tech degree is a tech university
- 100+ Courses – offers you the ability to pursue your educational interests. Learn more about the ITM courses.
- Hands-on – ITM Students do more than read text books - they do real-world IT projects. You will learn it, apply it and then do it with guidance and support from faculty.
- Integrated - the curriculum integrates IT disciplines of management, development, technology and theory, operations, and security.
- Online courses – many courses are available online 24/7 offering you the convenience of fitting the class to your schedule
- Labs/Resources – IIT School of Applied Technology has several labs and resources such as the Idea Center to support your learning experience
- Applied vs. Theory – the ITM program is more applied but includes theory. We integrate theoretical principles learned in the classroom with applied hands-on laboratory and project collaboration.
- Professional program – ITM is a professional program. No thesis is required. Courses are offered in the evenings.
- Technology & Business – depending on your specialization, the program can range between 50-80% technology and 20-50% business. Information Technology’s mission is to provide technology solutions for business.
- Real-world Projects – many courses allow you to pick a real-life IT problem and use it as your class project. Learn more about ITM student projects
- Support – You will interact closely with faculty and staff thanks to smaller class sizes. Faculty are able to mentor you in class and guide your personal development.
- Outstanding Faculty – all ITM faculty have significant industry and academic experience and are experts within their field. They can share real-world experiences and career advice.
- Industry Partnerships - IIT has partnered with industry to provide sponsors, mentors and to help connect you with companies.
- Chicago - IIT is located in the third largest city in the United States. Chicago has lots to offer - entertainment, sports, restaurants, museums and job opportunities.
About our Students – you will be collaborating with other outstanding students. Take a look at some of our featured students.
Who is ITM appropriate for? – Ideal students are interested in IT and applied technology with a strong academic background. It is helpful, but not required, that students have completed previous technology courses.
Certifications – In addition to providing a solid academic background, coursework can prepare you for vendor-neutral certification exams such as, A+, Linux+, Network+, Server+, and Cloud Essentials and for certifications such as Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Certified System Administrator, and Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist; Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform; Oracle Certified Database Administrator; and other certifications from organizations such as the Information Systems Audit and Control Association; the Linux Professional Institute; and the System Administration, Networking and Security (SANS) Institute.
SCHOOL OF APPLIED TECHNOLOGY Offered Certificate Programs in India
Information Technology and Management:
- A+, Network+ and Introductory Programming
- A+, Network+ Certification Training with Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Technologies
- Cyber Security Management
- Data Center Operations and Management
- Data Management and Analytics
- IT Leadership, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Software Development
- System Administration
- Systems Analysis
- Web Design and Application Development
Industrial Technology and Management:
- Industrial Technology and Management Certificate(INTM)
The INTM Certificate Program requires the completion of three (3) courses:
INTM 315 Industrial Enterprises
INTM 322 Industrial Project Management
INTM 410 Operations Management
- Professional Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Managementrequires the completion of any three below courses:
- INT 809 Inventory Control
- INT 827 E-Commerce in Marking and Supply Chain Networks
- INT 830 Transportation
- INT 841 Supply Chain Management
- INT 842 Warehousing and Distribution
- INT 843 Purchasing
- INT 844 Export/Import
- INT 846 Manufacturing and Logistics Information Systems
- INT 861 Energy Options for Industry